Dear Northwest Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 5 Customer,
The North Haris County Regional Water Authority (NHCRWA) has terminated Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan (DCP), effective immediately. Note that Stage 1, voluntary water conservation, is still in effect. As a participant and customer of the NHCRWA, Northwest Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 5 is also continuing to implement Stage 1 of its DCP.
VOLUNTARY Water Use Restrictions Applicable to Customers
- Outdoor irrigation shall be limited to no more than two (2) days per week. Outdoor irrigation shall be permitted between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. of the following day in conformity with the following schedule:
- Sundays and/or Thursdays for single family residential customers with even numbered addresses
- Saturdays and/or Wednesdays for single family residential customers with odd-numbered street addresses
- Tuesdays and/or Fridays for all other customers
- Watering on Mondays is prohibited for all customers
- Detectible water leaks should be repaired within 72 hours of discovery
- Additionally, customers are advised to discontinue non-essential water uses such as vehicle washing, power washing, gutter flushing, and refilling swimming pools, hot tubs, or aesthetic fountains (except those that support aquatic life).
We appreciate your water conservation efforts and will advise once the Drought Enforcement Measures have ended.
Board of Directors
Northwest Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 5